Criteria and Selection:
Kemptville Live Music Festival is committed to presenting a phenomenal Festival Village for our patrons to experience. This season the Festival will host 20-30 artisan vendors. Vendor applications are juried for quality and diversity. Applications will be evaluated along with samples of product and presentation provided. We are looking for professionally presented applications. We select vendors for the overall originality and “fit” to the Festival weekend atmosphere. The decisions of the jury are final.
To avoid duplication of similar work, the Festival committee reserves the right to limit the sale of certain items. Please submit a complete list/samples of products to be offered.
The 2016 Kemptville Live Music Festival welcomed over 11000 visitors over three days. In 2017 we expect to see over 15000 in four days.
Vendors must commit to being on site and open for business during the following “open” hours::
- Thursday July 20 4pm - 9pm
- Friday July 21 4pm - 9pm
- Saturday July 22 1pm - 9pm
- Sunday July 23 11am - 5pm
Set-Up: Set-up is Thursday July 20 from 9am - 1pm
Fees and Services:
The fee to participate is $200.00 + 26.00 H.S.T. Fee includes:
- two (2) pass to the festival per day
- space of approximately 10 x 10 feet in the Festival Village
- one parking pass for a location near the festival site
- business name and location on the Festival program map and on the website
- support of the dedicated Festival Vendor care team
- wifi may not be available for vendor use
Additional passes for artisans or assistants are available for purchase. Vendors are to provide their own shelter. Keep in mind that we are an outdoor event. Materials for display and weatherproofing are your responsibility. Electricity will be made available for lighting.
- Complete online application form
- Good quality photographs or samples of your work
Samples may be delivered by mail to:
Kemptville Live Music Festival, 288 County Road 44, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0.
- Photos of the vendor’s display/tent setup
- list and description of goods to be sold (please note the festival may limit your offerings to avoid vendor overlap)
- description of how works are made/sourced by the vendor
- Payment of $226.00 (includes HST) by cheque/cash must be received prior to application being considered. Successful applicants will be notified as soon as application is reviewed and payment received. Successful applicants will be processed a $226 payment after they have been notified of acceptance. Payments will be returned to applicants who are not accepted at their request.
Kemptville Live Music Festival is committed to presenting a phenomenal selection of high quality food vendors to service our Festival patrons from Friday July 20 th to Sunday July 23rd, 2017. The vendor applications are juried for quality and diversity. Food service experience in high-traffic event is required. We are looking for professionally presented application, self-contained trailers/trucks. We select vendors based on “fit” to the Festival weekend atmosphere. The decisions of the jury are final.
To avoid duplication of similar menus, the Festival committee reserves the right to limit the sale of certain items. Please submit a complete menu of food to be offered.
Vendors must commit to being on site and open for business during all Festival “open” hours:
- Thursday, July 20 5pm - 11:30pm
- Friday, July 21 5pm - 11:30pm
- Saturday, July 22 1pm - 11:30pm
- Sunday, July 23 11am - 5pm
Fees and Services:
The fee to participate is $600.00 + 78.00 H.S.T. Fee includes:
- dedicated vending area with ample service area on the field
- parking pass for a location near the festival site
- business name and location on the Festival program map and website
- support of the dedicated Festival Vendor care team
- power will be made available for an extra fee
- fresh and gray water management are at cost to the vendor and will be arranged through the festival sanitation subcontract if required
Keep in mind that we are an outdoor event. Materials for display and weatherproofing are your responsibility.
Payment of $678.00 (includes HST) by cheque/cash must be received with your application. Accepted applicants’ payments will be processed after they have been notified of acceptance. Payments will be returned to applicants who are not accepted.
Submit good quality photographs of your facility and a complete menu with pricing.
Submit measurements of your food truck/trailer and special space considerations.
Successful applicants must comply with Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit regulations and submit a Special Events-Food Vendor Application upon confirmation.
Cheques made payable to Kemptville Live Festival may be mailed or delivered to:
Class Axe Guitars, 288 County Road 44, Kemptville, Ontario, K0G 1J0.
Thank you for your interest in performing at Kemptville Live Music Festival.
The 2017 submissions have been closed and our lineup is complete. Please check back in October 2017 for the 2018 application process.
You are invited to become part of the Kemptville Live Music Festival volunteer family. In your role as a KLMF volunteer, you are an ambassador of the Festival. 250+ Volunteers are required to assist in every facet of the festival’s planning and administration activities before, during and after the event including:
- Supporting the Festival by assisting in planning and/or actual hands-on site prep and tear down, on-site signage, parking and camping, shuttle service, environmental control;
- Supporting the Festival venue by being a member of the green team and assisting in the maintenance of the grounds and regular waste collection and disposal;
- Supporting the administration and marketing activities associated with the Festival including acting as administrative assistants to festival organizers, assisting in media liaison and advertising, website and social media management, development of media kits and sponsorship relations and recognition;
- Supporting the admissions and security functions of the Festival by assisting in ticket sales, gate management, VIP and media care, movement of patrons entering and exiting the venue and working at strategic on-site barriers and gates;
- Supporting festival goers by working in the information kiosk, merchandise tent, accessibility services;
- Supporting the Beer tent and VIP functions of the festival by working as servers, ticket sellers, age of majority verification and stock management;
- Supporting volunteer coordination by assisting in the recruitment of volunteers, training of volunteers, development of volunteer handbooks, scheduling of volunteers, on-site administration of volunteer functions and care and comfort of volunteers, data collection and record keeping of volunteer assignments for statistical purposes;
- Supporting administration of the Vendor community by assisting in accepting and screening applications, communicating with applicants and on-site vendors during the event, vendor area set up, ensuring compliance and safety conditions are met, overall site management.
- Supporting the festival by assisting with the logistical aspects of the operations e.g. maintaining a supply of tools and equipment, lights and extension cords, gas for vehicles and any other equipment, pop-up tents and any other equipment and tools as needed for the smooth operation of the Festival. This role also involves acting as a “fix-it” person when issues arise.
- Supporting the volunteer management process by acting as a “swing” volunteer, ready to be moved from one section of the venue to another when required.
While the above tasks are not all-inclusive, you now have an idea of the scope of volunteer positions available. These tasks can range in duration from a few hours during the event, to a longer-term commitment in assisting in planning the event over a series of months.
When you are completing the on-line volunteer application, you will be asked to select your 3 preferred volunteer positions from a drop-down menu. We will always attempt to match your preferred volunteer position with what we have available, but we cannot guarantee a perfect match, especially if you are applying close to the actual event dates.
Also, while many of you will want to volunteer in the green room with the artists or back stage as part of the crew, there are extremely limited volunteer positions available for either role.
In the months prior to the Festival, we hold a series of volunteer meetings and training sessions that we expect you to attend, to ensure that your volunteer experience will be as positive as possible.
In exchange for agreeing to work two shifts over the Festival weekend, we will, in turn, provide you with the following benefits in recognition of your time and commitment:
- A KLMF Volunteer T-shirt
- Free access to the Venue to take part in the Festival after your shifts have been completed;
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site Camping
- Meals while working
- Training and meetings before the Festival to prepare you for your volunteer role
To register as a volunteer to help make the Kemptville Live Music Festival (KLMF) a success, please complete the following electronic form. Make sure that you complete all designated fields otherwise your application may be rejected.