Thank you for your interest in performing at Kemptville Live Music Festival.
The 2018 submissions have been closed and our lineup is complete. Please check back in October 2018 for the 2019 application process.
You are invited to join the Kemptville Live Music Festival volunteer family for our 2018 Festival. In your role as a KLMF volunteer, you are an important ambassador of the Festival.
300+ Volunteers are required to assist in every facet of the festival’s planning and administration activities before, during and after the actual event including but not limited to:
- Supporting the Festival by assisting in planning and/or actual hands-on site prep and tear down, on-site signage, parking and camping, shuttle service, environmental control;
- Supporting the Festival venue by being a member of the green team and assisting in the maintenance of the grounds and regular waste collection and disposal;
- Supporting the admissions and security functions of the Festival by assisting in ticket sales, gate management, VIP and media care, movement of patrons entering and exiting the venue and working at strategic on-site barriers and gates;
- Supporting festival goers by working in the information kiosk, merchandise tent, accessibility services;
- Supporting the Beer tent and VIP functions of the festival by working as servers, ticket sellers, age of majority verification and stock management;
- Supporting the festival by assisting with the logistical aspects of the operations e.g. maintaining a supply of tools and equipment, lights and extension cords, gas for vehicles and any other equipment, pop-up tents and any other equipment and tools as needed for the smooth operation of the Festival. This role also involves acting as a “fix-it” person when issues arise.
- Supporting the volunteer management process by acting as a “swing” volunteer, ready to be moved from one section of the venue to another when required.
While the above tasks are not all-inclusive, you now have an idea of the scope of volunteer positions available. These tasks can range in duration from a few hours during the event, to a longer-term commitment in assisting in planning the event over a series of months.
When you are completing the on-line volunteer application, you will be asked to select your 3 preferred volunteer positions from a drop-down menu. We will always attempt to match your preferred volunteer position with what we have available, but we cannot guarantee a perfect match, especially if you are applying close to the actual event dates and key positions have already been filled.
Also, while many of you will want to volunteer in the green room with the artists or back stage as part of the crew, there are extremely limited volunteer positions available for either role.
In the months prior to the Festival, we hold a series of volunteer meetings and training sessions that we expect you to attend, to ensure that your volunteer experience will be as positive as possible.
In exchange for agreeing to work three 4-hour shifts over the four-day Festival weekend, we will, in turn, provide you with the following benefits in recognition of your time and commitment:
- A KLMF Volunteer T-shirt
- Free access to the Venue to take part in the Festival after your shifts have been completed;
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site Camping
- Meals while working
- Training and meetings before the Festival to prepare you for your volunteer role
To register as a volunteer to help make the Kemptville Live Music Festival (KLMF) a success, please complete the following electronic form. Make sure that you complete all designated fields otherwise your application may be rejected.