2022 Vendor Registration - Food Vendors
Registration Opens December 10, 2021
March 30, 2022* – Deadline Vendor Application Submission
(*The deadline may be extended if all the vendor spots are not filled)
April 15, 2022 – Successful Applicants Notified of Conditional Selection
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
In 2019, the Kemptville Live Music Festival (KLMF) welcomed more than 24,000 visitors over four days in July. Now that COVID restrictions have been reduced, we are planning for another successful Festival in July 2022. This year’s event will be held over 4 days, July 21-24, at the Festival site at Kemptville College.
The KLMF is committed to providing our guests with a phenomenal selection of high-quality foods and beverages during the Festival and a unique Vendor Village experience. This year, the KLMF will continue to build on the past success of the Vendor Village and will host approximately 12 Food Vendors.
All applications will be assessed by the KLMF Vendor Jury. Applicants must provide a complete list of all food and beverage items that will be sold (e.g. a menu). It is recommended that applicants also provide photos of their Food Trucks/trailers.
The Jury will consider several factors, including:
Food and Beverage Products
- Relevance to the Festival theme and experience;
- Interest to Festival guests; and,
- Diversity and uniqueness.
- Preference will be given to returning Food Vendors who have "good standing" with the KLMF;
- To avoid duplication of similar menu items, KLMF reserves the right to limit the sale of certain items; and,
- Successful applicants should have food service experience in a high-traffic event and have self-contained food trailers/trucks.
The decisions of the KLMF jury are final.
Hours of Operation for Food Vendors
Food Vendors must commit to being on site and open for business during the following “open” hours:
- Thursday July 21: 4pm – 11pm
- Friday July 22: 4pm - 11pm
- Saturday July 23: 1pm - 11pm
- Sunday July 24: 11am - 5:30pm
Vendors normally have access to the Festival grounds one (1) hour before opening to prepare their Vendor space.
Set-Up: Set-up is Thursday July 21 from 8am - 3pm
Fees and Services
The fee to participate is $791 ($700 + $91 HST). This fee includes:
- Food Vendor space in the Vendor Village (the size of the space depends on the size/type of vendor vehicle);
- Two passes (2) to the festival;
- Free access to dedicated Vendor Wi-Fi;
- Access to the free public parking spaces;
- Food Vendor business name and location on the Festival program map and on the website; and,
- Support of the dedicated Festival Vendor Care Team- including receiving a copy of the KLMF Vendor Kit.
Please note the following:
- Additional passes (for additional staff) are available from KLMF;
- Power and water (fresh and grey disposal) is available at an additional cost- see below.
- Food Vendors are required to provide their own shelter. Keep in mind that we are an outdoor event. Materials for display and weatherproofing are not provided.
- Includes both fresh water and grey water disposal: $75 (includes HST)
- Includes access to the Festival’s power supply: $250 (includes HST)
Restrictions on Cooking inside a Tent
North Grenville Fire Services prohibits cooking (that produces greasy fumes- e.g. deep frying) inside a tent, unless there are approved ventilation and fire suppression systems in place.
If your setup includes cooking inside a tent, please ensure that you are compliant with all requirements.
North Grenville Fire Services uses the TSSA safety standards. You are encouraged to visit the TSSA website for more information:
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application form
- Applications must be received by midnight (Kemptville time) on March 30, 2022
If You Are Accepted as a Food Vendor
- Successful Food Vendor Applicants will be notified, by e-mail, of their conditional acceptance by April 15, 2022.
- The conditional acceptance e-mail will include instructions on how to finalize the application process. The following must be provided by the Food Vendor by the due dates to maintain their selection as a Vendor:
- Payment of $791 (includes HST) by May 15, 2022;
- Payment of water and power fees (if applicable) by May 15, 2022;
- Proof that a Health Unit Food Vendor Application was submitted to the local Health Unit by June 15, 2022; and,
- Proof of $2M Liability Insurance by June 15, 2022.
- Food Vendors agree, as a condition of acceptance, to abide by all KLMF guidelines, rules and policies, including those outlined in the KLMF 2022 Vendor's Kit (which will be provided to all Vendors in advance of the Festival).
- Failure to send full payment by the deadline, or meet any other conditions, may result in withdrawal of the Food Vendor's conditional selection.